You starting your fourth week of working from home today. Your inner introverted tomboy loves wearing running tights and no makeup every day and you love working from home, you are okay with your situation for the most part.
You did, however, hit your second funk yesterday. You watched some television and plugged into some friends, took a walk, ate a nutritious dinner, went to bed early and feel much better today. Your primary love language is words of affirmation, but your secondary love language is quality time and you just really miss seeing your friends, your clients, and your co-workers in person.
To keep yourself busy and productive over the weekend you also made some masks for your husband’s family, worked a new jigsaw puzzle, attended online went church for the fourth week in a row, but you again wake up Monday morning with a void.
Transportation Remains an Important Part of the World’s Economy
We are living in challenging times. As the entire nation deals with finding a new kind of normal during a devastating health care challenge, many Americans are not only learning about what it is to work and school from home, they are also learning more information about the limits and the benefits of today’s transportation industry. From knowing the difference between what is a reefer trailer that will be delivering eggs to the closest supermarket to understanding the role that new, used, and wholesale reefer units play in the delivery of pharmaceuticals, Americans have expanded their knowledge of many things that they once took for granted.
No longer in a time when you can assume that your favorite items will be on the grocery store shelves, consumers are more in tune to the role that over the road truckers and their new reefer trailers play in our lives.
What Is a Reefer Trailer?
Short for refrigerated trailers, when news casters talk about the transportation industry they are often distinguishing between what is a common semi trailer that can carry a wide range of cargo and what is a reefer trailer. used for the transportation of both refrigerated and frozen foods, as well as other temperature sensitive materials like pharmaceuticals. And as so many consumers rely on the essential deliveries that truck drivers are making across the nation, it should come as no surprise that even young children are more in tune to an industry that even six months ago they would have known little about. Both new and used reefer trailers have been put back on the road as the transportation industry works to meet the demands of a nation in crisis.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that knowing what is a reefer trailer used for and other logistical considerations are making a direct impact on the latest battle facing Americans:
- Currently, there are as many as 500,000 reefer trailers in operation in the U.S.
- With no more than 13.5 feet in height, the average size of a reefer trailer is between 28 and 53 feet in length.
- 44,000 pounds is the maximum weight a reefer trailer can carry.
- An estimated 40,000 refrigerated trailers were ordered in the U.S. in January of 2018 alone, according to FTR Transportation Intelligence. These numbers are expected to increase as the nation prepares to deal with a battle on the health care front.
- Los Angeles, Long Beach, New York/New Jersey, Seattle/Tacoma, and Savannah are the top five U.S. ports. unfortunately, all of these ports are also some of the hot spots where health officials and entire cities are battling the Covid-19 outbreak, leading to additional problems.
- In 2015, the global refrigerated market was valued at just over $5 billion. By the year 2022, however, it is expected to increase by another $2 billion, and those predictions were before the latest health care crisis.
Some little kids have always enjoyed the fun of trying to get an over the road trucker to blast their horn while they are on the interstate, but in today’s world even more people of all ages are likely more aware of the presence of reefer units as they cross the interstate or pull into a large retail parking lot.