The recipes are ready and you have the list of ingredients made. And while the meat products and the fresh produce cannot be purchased until the day or two before, you are ready to go purchase all of the other items on your list for this year’s Thanksgiving dinner. You were inspired to start your search much early than normal by an especially tasty recipe for Brussels sprouts and bacon. Drizzled with a light amount of peanut oil, you were so anxious to try this side dish that you have already tested out the recipe. It was a vegetable dish that your entire family loved.
With a new jar of peanut oil in the cupboard, you have searched out quite a few more recipes that make use of this healthy oil option.
From peanut butter to peanut oil, consider some of these facts and figures about the nutrients that are provided by this healthy snack.:
- 90% of the households in America consume peanut butter.
- Heart healthy peanuts serve as a great afternoon snack for many teenagers at the end of their school day.
- 60% of Americans prefer smooth to chunky peanut butter, according to the National Peanut Board.
- 7.3 grams of protein and 2.4 grams of fiber are contained in a single ounce serving of peanuts.
- Various peanut products increase in popularity as the holidays arrive and guests are looking for the perfect gift to give their hosts.
- Health research indicates that peanuts provide as much as 15% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) level of protein per serving.
- 145,000 pounds of peanut butter are used during peak production to bake Girl Scout’s Do-si-dos and Tagalongs, according to Little Brownie Bakers estimates.
- Runner, Virginia, Spanish, and Valencia are the four types of peanuts produced in the U.S.
From the latest peanut recipes for Brussels sprouts to the use of peanut protein for low calorie eaters, the use of this versatile food can help you get the nutrients that you and your family need. If you are in the process of getting ready for your Thanksgiving meal or other holiday celebration, you might want to make sure that you have plenty of this popular snack on hand!
See this link for more references.