There are a lot of reasons you might be hosting a party in the near future: the Super Bowl, Easter, the primary elections (if that’s your thing). If you need to put together a great menu for a large group of people on a dime, without too much effort, you came to the right place. Please find our list of winning fast and easy appetizers below!
The World’s Best Fast and Easy Appetizers
Authentic Hummus Recipes
Hummus is one of our favorite fast and easy appetizers because the ingredients cost a few pennies per serving, it is generally loved by all, and there are so many serving options and uses for hummus spread. Your foodie friends like it. Your vegetarian friends like it. Your healthy friends can eat their hummus with veggies and judge everyone else for enjoying life. Here’s a basic authentic hummus recipe:
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 4 cups (or two cans) of canned chickpeas
- 1/3 cup of tahini (ground sesame). If you have trouble locating tahini, you can substitute mayonnaise, it will provide the same texture with only a mild impact to the flavor.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- A dash of salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and set aside the liquid.
- In a food processor or blender, add the garlic and pulse until it is minced.
- Add drained chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until course, similar to the consistency of grits.
- Add some of the liquid reserved from the can of chickpeas, a tablespoon at a time, until the hummus reaches the consistency you like.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and serve chilled.
Deviled Egg Recipes
Boiled eggs tend to have a negative reputation in life. If you call someone a boiled egg, they most likely will take it as an insult. Boiled eggs are often considered bland and smelly. But everyone loves the hip and cool cousin of boiled eggs, deviled eggs! Deviled eggs are really easy and you won’t be able to make enough to keep your guests happy. Here’s an easy recipe for deviled eggs:
- A dozen eggs, boiled
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- Dash of distilled white vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Paprika (if you like to party)
- Remove shells from eggs. (Bonus tip: To easily get the shells off the eggs, submerge them in ice water immediately after boiling.)
- Slice eggs in half and place the yolks in a bowl. Set aside the halved whites.
- Smash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper, and mix. Give your yolk mixture a taste and add more of the aforementioned ingredients to suit your taste.
- Place one tablespoon of yolk mixture into each of your little egg white bowls.
- Sprinkle paprika over your deviled eggs, if you’re fancy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipes
This is a convenient recipe to serve along side your hummus recipe because it goes well with the same veggies and crackers for dipping. It’s double the fun with half the trouble! Even if your guests despise healthy food, they will love your spinach and artichoke dip. Everyone loves this recipe; the is taking your healthy ingredients and making them unhealthy:
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 14 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 10 oz package of chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an electric mixture, mix the cream cheese on high until fluffy. Add the sour cream and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the artichoke hearts, spinach, and Parmesan and stir just enough to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish, sprinkle cheese on top, and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese on top is bubbly
- Serve immediately with bread or your favorite crackers.
- Serving variation: Instead of using a baking dish, put the dip in a hollowed-out french bread loaf before baking. You could basically rename yourself Betty Crocker after serving this.
Do you have any other go-to fast and easy appetizers that you like to make for parties? Please share your favorite recipes in the comment section below!