This is the time of year when many people do not need to plan many weekend meals!
With a full slate of invitations to graduation celebrations and open houses, the months of May and June provide many Americans with all kinds of food options. From gelato school colored gelato cups that invite guests to create their own sweet treats to tables where hosts serve ice cream sundaes, many of these parties offer plenty of dessert options. In expensive ice cream cups and plastic spoons are available in a wide range of colors and can help a graduation feature the colors of the high school where they are just graduating or the college that they will soon be attending.
Ice Cream, Gelato, and Yogurt Make for Great Party Ideas
A table full of brightly colored gelato cups create a beautiful and tasty display at any kind of party. From graduations to weddings to end of the year classroom celebrations, a dessert bar that features a frozen treat is always well received. By having party hosts or caterers dish up the ice cream, yogurt, or gelato, guests can be invited to add any kind of syrups and toppings that they want.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the ice cream industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- Not surprising, June is the month when the most ice cream is produced.
- Nearly 9% of all the milk produced by U.S. dairy farmers is used to produce ice cream.
- 1.5 billion gallons of ice cream and similar frozen desserts are produced in the U.S. every year.
- 90% of U.S. households regularly indulge in a frozen, sweet treat.
- 40% of Americans will eat ice cream in any given two-week period, according to research by NPD Group.
- Even with all of the varied available options, vanilla remains the most popular flavor among consumers at 28%, according to a recent survey of International Ice Cream Association member companies.
If you have enough graduation invitations this year, you might be able to plan for breakfast, lunch, and dinner while you help your friends and family celebrate. In all of your party attendance, do not forget to enjoy the ice cream, frozen yogurt, and gelato sweet treats that are also available.