Your youngest daughter has taken over the holiday decorating, and if she has her way she will also take over the menu planning. She loves to run and has a knack for eating items that are both healthy and tasty. Her latest obsession is organic micro greens and she loves to add them to salads, as well as vegetables. True leaves microgreens offer both a pleasing appearance and the nutrients you need to be your best self. Whether it is a parent selecting menu items for a child or a teenager trying to revamp the foods that her parents are eating, there are a number of ways that can help you end this year eating the best way possible.
From tasty meals at home to elaborate meals at a restaurant, there are many times when organic micro greens can provide the best finishing touch, and taste. Although fancy microgreens and edible flowers were once things that were only seen at the most expensive of restaurants, these items are growing increasingly common in many other venues as well. Consider some of these facts and figures about the way that many special items can create the most tasty and the well adorned meals:
- Although they may be new to your kitchen, microgreens have been around for 20 to 30 years.
- Microgreens should be stored at an optimal temperature of 4 degrees Celsius or 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit for best results.
- Households with incomes of $100,000 or higher are responsible for 36% of the total spending on food away from home, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some of these diners may be the same ones who also start using microgreens and edible flowers in their own homes.
- Microgreens are generally rated on a scale ranged from five for excellent and a for poor.
- A marketability threshold for microgreens is three and higher on the visual quality scale. A rating of less than three designates a product that is unmarketable.
When you finally make the decision to eat right, it is important to create meals that are both appealing to the eyes as well as the palette. If a meal looks great, you may be more likely to enjoy its taste. When that taste comes from the healthiest of micromgreens you can be certain that you are making the right eating decisions, both at the end of this year and the beginning of the new year.